Sunday, May 21, 2006

why i put up those pictures...

OK as I've said before I decided about 4 years ago I wanted to be "cut". I did the cardio, trying to lose all my excess bodyfat and get my fat down low enough to see abs. Now most people just don't get it. Ever see a skinny guy who never lifted a weight in his life with abs? The REAL reason people have abs is not crunches or situps, it's body fat percentage. Now ab exercises help "pronounce" the abs and make them more defined. But the real reason they show is people have 10 percent bodyfat or lower. Now my abs are strong, I do twists with 30 lb medicine balls and 45 lb weights on my chest. But my bodyfat stays at 12-15 percent, which is great for a guy my age but not enough to see all the abs. So I got down to 185, looked lean and muscular, but people started saying I "must be on drugs" or some other bullshit. Mostly because I lost 50 lbs but also a lot of muscle size with it. Coupled with a divorce a few years ago and getting out of the business, people acted as if I'd "gone downhill". Well I'm still here. My wife like s me over 200 so I think I'll just be comfortable and get old, all while trying to be the best I can for my age ( hopefully a little better). I will say this, the diet and nutrition and exercise has gotten me through a lot of hard times. I helped me stay focused. SO maybe you folks out there having divorces, job losses etc. could try talking better care of YOU nowdays. It might help. I got a great wife and family and I'm still paying the house note. SO I might end up OK. Think about it and have a great day...