Wednesday, September 28, 2005

I'm not dead...yet...

I've been gone, after posting a lot of shit. I'm tired. Burned out. Not so much from blogging but my life or maybe call it a "lifestyle" whatever you want to call it. We did the "cat funeral" thing. Got another kitten. She seems a little calmer than the last one. Watched the whole first season of "Lost" , just in time to catch the new season. You know an anagram of my name is " a nice n' hot orgy?" Oh well. Another story. When I was a kid, my dad constantly brought me home stuff from europe and asia. We had reel to reel tape recorders, a super 8 camera , all kinds of cool shit that no one else had , even if we didn't have a lot of money back then. Dad used to get me cool toys from the phillippines , robots made in Japan that are probably worth a lot of money now. I still have almost all of my toys from when I was a kid. I took care of my toys, inventoried them every day I played with them and when I go to my mom's and open the boxes they're in there's still little pieces of cardboard with lists I made as a kid of all my toys. My dad carved me a wooden rifle in about 1976. Still got it today. I remember one of my favorite things dad brought home from overseas was a short wave radio. Now if you've never listened to short wave radio, there's this big mystery that's still going on today. There are stations on short wave that are nothing but increments of numbers being recited by some woman's voice all the time. A lot of them are in Spanish. People used to theorise that it was some kind of secret code. Freaky shit. I'm not making this up, there are hundreds of articles about it on the internet. I read some articles recently and seems there are still not a lot of answers as to where these transmissions come from. When I watched the show "Lost" recently, it reminded me of those short wave transmissions I used to listen to as a kid. There's this French woman who lives on the island reciting numbers over and over along with a distress call. I used to imagine all kinds of creepy shit about those numbers people as a kid, and I bet whoever wrote this show must have listened to short wave radio as a child as well. Anyway if you've never heard of this stuff, I think there's an NPR article (I hate NPR but oh well gotta use them for somthing) about this with a recording of some of the counting. Well that's today's post, gotta go and be busy. Take care, think about things and have a great day...