Monday, May 30, 2005

More experiences watching VH1 ...

"I'm going to make her remember she's a woman and forget she's a mother" or somthing to that effect. That's yet another line from a young cocky black male on reality television. Why is it always the case with black guys on reality TV that they always have to play this " I'm confident and I can achive any dream, I know how to satisfy any woman etc. etc. " It's like the standard mantra of black males today. Now before you tell yourself " Oh you're just looking for it, that's why you see it" let me pass the facts of today's television viewing of VH 1 today. These are real statements I've heard today in just two shows. One show I had on was "strip search" , which shows loser guys trying to get on a male review. There's this white guy and white woman going on a tour bus across the country. And when she sees this black guy's picture they are going to meet, the woman refers to ONLY the black man as " beautiful". A "beatiful man" he is called. This is the term used by white women on every show that showcases brothers. I pointed this out at the time. Oh well , I guess I'm nuts... BUT... after "strip search" guess what came on? The new show about dried up model and former common law wife of Mick Jagger, Jerri Hal. And when she views her black suitor, her "first impression" was how he was a "beautiful man". Now do I work for programming a VH 1? This is a case of two different white women, two different black males, and the same words used to describe them and them alone. This is the same word usually used to describe Usher and other black celeberties. SO if a woman is reffered to as "beautiful" while other women are reffered to as "having a good personality" how would woman take that? Because that's the way most of the white guys are portrayed. "funny" warm personality" "good heart" etc. But nothing that reffers to physical attraction as often as the black males. Is it that the women find them more "exotic" or attractive, or are they just making sure to show that they aren't "racist" by speaking positively about a black guy? Like they have to go out of their way to look "open minded". Watch the shows for yourselves when they replay them on VH 1, you'll see what I mean. The first episode of each show will play again sometime I'm sure. Maybe someone can give me a better answer than "you're a racist" or "you're just looking for stuff like that". I don't script television shows. SO let me know folks...