Saturday, November 20, 2004

Another Thing...

You know the holidays are coming up. And things have really changed for me. I come from a big family. My father is the youngest of 10 brothers and sisters. My mother's family mostly lives down here. But now all my grandparents are deceased, as of a few months ago. My mother's father burned to death, as you may have read in my posts. My grandmother died 4 thanksgivings ago. That thangsgiving day was the biggest we ever had. It couldn't have been more perfect. Then she got out of bed that night, collapsed and died of a heart attack. So with all the deaths on my dad's side, and the death of both my mom's parents, and the fact that my brother and I both had divorces over the last few years, ( But of course I now have my "real" wife, the women I was meant to be with ) things are just not the same. My dad's family are spread out across the USA , from New York to San Diego to New Orleans, Colorado, etc. I have hundreds of second generation cousins I never see. One thing I am thankful for is my family. And my wife's family has been so good to me since we met and have been married. They remind me of the time my family was together. No matter how many things in my life that I've ever failed at have gone, the love I have now makes up for all my loss. Now that sounds kinda corny etc.But I went through a lot of pain to get where I am today, and I'm thankful. Think about that...