Monday, September 20, 2004

Whatever Happened To TJ's Place?

Anyone ever read the "Life at Tj's place" blog? This is a blog that ended up being popular and linked on the front page of blogger. I wrote an article called " New Batch Of Idiots" months ago because the thing was so unrealistic. I take offense at a lot of the "new" generation of adult business folks. These folks are like the "American Idol" type whiners who lose out on the real experience of the industry because they get in too easy. I went thorough a lot of personal loss and pain in the industry. My whole life was judged and put out there.I don't write a lot of strip club stories anymore, because a lot of it is actually not pretty and not flattering to the industry. Kevin (the writer at TJ's) writes like a "groupie" or customer that hangs out at the club and fantasizes about being a manager. We had lots of guys who would hang at the clubs who would fancy themselves "managers" or that they had some "control" over the club. And a guy who is a wanna be writer would easily be able to write from the "perceived" perspective of the employees.I went back and read his archives, and I see a progression that could be a guy starting out being friends with the "lower" employees (DJ's , Security) and works his way up to knowing the manager. You rarely ever hear talk of the "main" guy, who in the strip club business is usually a huge focal point of club life.So sometimes I just think the guy was a customer. I have some more theories in the following audioposts. But the reason I even brought this one up is the guy hasn't posted in a month. So in the spirit of me actually being an "expert" on the strip club management/owner shit, I am gonna post my theories on the issue...