Friday, September 17, 2004

I've been pissed off...

OK I know I haven't been writing much lateley , but I've had computer blow ups, stress and other issues I don't want to go into right now.But I am still alive, no matter how much these folks here hope and dream I go away.Had an old "business" partner show up last week. This piece of shit ran out on a 15,000 dollar rent bill for the club. Then he comes in trying to play "gangster" , saying he still owns a percentage. Why people think a guy who pulls this shit has "balls" I'll never know. It's not balls, it's watching too much television. Let's just break it down to basics. It's not your club. Never was. You never did any work to create or build it. You stole from the company. You were a middle man between us and the landlord, and you ran off with the rent money. You had a small percentage of the take because of combined legal fees which benefitted you and your other business.The money you stole was way more than what you contributed.Go home and shut up. But these country idiots here assume if a guy has balls enough to say he owns somthing, he must be "powerful." I went through this same shit many times. Ever dope slinging, pants sagging punk driving mom's navigator who came into my club over 10 days out of the month would try to tell half the people in the club they were part "owner." This is the reality of the small town city. The stupid ass old man is basically doing the same thing, minus the navigator. I don't have any ownership in any club nowdays. I could make folks beleive I do, but I don't. But what would be in it for me ? Nashville is full of fake club owners. The general mangers of most clubs here claim to be owners. The real owners are corporations. This shit reminds me of those corny sitcoms/cartoons/etc. where the main character ( say Fred Flinstone, or Ralph on the Honeymooners) would get some deal to be in Hollywood, or be in a movie. Then the next thing you know, they are wearing dark sunglasses and an ascot with a beret on holding a cigarette in a cigarette holder , shouting out orders. This is what I picture with all these fake owners. My favorite fake owner is the guy who screwed me out of my percentage in a club a few years ago. This guy is lving off what I built, and is destroying every inch of it. And the real "owner" has no clue. It's easy to make an honest man look bad. The truth sucks. I assess the real situation, try to make things better. But folks would rather have people who lie to them when they have big money and bigger ego's .Even if that means losing their ass. They lost their ass on "their" terms that way. This is also a product of too much television. Which brings me to the main reason I'm pissed off. I just bought a $3000 television, got it home, it won't work. This shit had me not sleeping all night. I hope they just give me a new one. I hate taking things back. Anyway, more on other subjects. My internet friend Barrie(that's my new term , like Mr. Rogers used to say "my television friend") has this link to a blog called "Brian Damage". This guy has a good sense of humor, kind of reminds me of the hippie kids I used to work with at the club. All liberals but good kids anyway. Just too spoiled, unexperienced and young to be conservative. Anyway liked this "Lord of the Rings" post he did (read the comments)No big deal, silly jokes but made my wife laugh. My wife is like a big LOTR fan. One reason I bought this fucking television is for her to watch the movies in widescreen. But anyway you guys should check out "the pink bee" (sorry Barrie my links aren't working in here) and Brian's site as well. I think he is one of Barrie's "internet friends." The lady Tricia seems like a nice lady as well.She does this thing called "woodnotwood" . There are all links to these folks on thepinkbee.com. If you are into reading these things , check these folks out. They all seem like nice folks and I like to read , even if it's silly shit that doesn't apply to me I still think these blogs can help people realise how many different ways folks think. Helps to build tolerance in society. Oh speaking of Lord of the Rings, I just bought my wife the "Arlen" necklace from the collection. This place called "the Noble Collection" sells all the swords and other replicas from the film as well as Harry Potter and now they have stuff from the movie "Troy" coming as well.All licensed merchandise, so you are getting the real thing. Ever pick up a sword used in LOTR? I went to the mall a couple of weeks ago and the fucking sword is like 5 feet tall. If you're a fan you have to go to one of those sword stores and actually see the weight and size of these swords. You watch the film and never realise how big the swords really are.Speaking of that, on local news a guy chopped up a grandmother with samori swords. When the cops asked the guy why he did it ( he was dating the woman's grandaughter who lived there) he said " I wanted my girlfriend all to myself." Dammit why are there no "assault swords" bans? The assault weapons bill was up on the 13th, and I've already seen 4 major knife attacks on the news. We need knife/sword/car bomb/airplane control.Anyway you guys think about that ...