Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Part II : Stuff on my mind...

OK gonna write some more about deaths in my industry that have affected me. Before I get into that, let me make a statement. I never really sat down and thought of all the shit that happened all at once . I've told the stories over the years until they became like an old song. You know how a song really speaks to you and then after you've heard it 1000000 times (especially if you listed to a classic rock station) it means nothing. Then one day you hear it at that right time. The music hits you differently , and it starts to sink in. Well that's what has happened to me a lot over the years. I have had such a fast paced life, since I have slowed it down I got time to think about what really happened back then. Just like old relationship that never should have been. Your heart gets broken. You feel it will never be the same. I have seen this a lot, specially in the adult industry where a guy ends up in a relationship with a dancer, etc. It's like the girl is so special to so many men, but only you know who she really is , take her negaitive shit, her hate, her bad moods, and then BAM - it's all over . Then it feels like this different life and "straight" girls just don't seem the same. The sex is different , the rules of the relationship are different. I mean a guy gets himself in a mindset of "sharing" his woman with everyone. And the old " but I come home to you every night" mentality. (even though many times in these relationships the woman actually doesn't come home to you every night becuase she's bought into "dancer lifestyle" hype. )Well anyway this is my point: once you pass acertain point it starts to make sense. It takes a while. Sometimes it makes sense in one year and means something different 5 years later.Maybe a year later you come to the conclusion the person who you were madly in love with "destroyed you life" and you made a mistake. Then five years later you actually realise this same person who told you they didn't love you the way you loved them was at least the only truly honest person you encountereed in a while. See how it works? Later on that person who was bad for you has somthing you ended up being glad you experienced.So on to the next story...
Over the years I have seen a lot of shootings, attempted shootings, guys beaten with bats, stabbed, etc. Here's a story I saw on the news here but my old roomate and DJ Scott saw first hand. He was working at an old afterhours spot that had been taken over by mostly the Mexican crowd. He comes home looking all sick and shit one day. These two Mexican guys got into a fight at the after hours club, and one guy went to the parking lot, walked up to the other guy , and shot him in the balls after shooting his friend in the car. Scott said the paramedics cut his pants off and his balls were hanging loose to the side from his body. I told that one first because it probably makes guys cringe the most when they hear it. It'a true, they didn't tell details about the shooting on the news (they said lower body ) but all the employees knew where he had been shot. Another sad story was a regular customer of mine named Steve. Well his real name was Chineese but he liked to be called Steve. He had a nephew who called himself "Rocky". Now I loved these guys, came from Hong Kong and opened some resturaunts here in the states. The first time I met Rocky, he says to me " Hello, I Rocky, I Chineese Rocky , not American Rocky", Like I was going to mistake this little Chineese guy for Sylvester Stallone as Rocky. He was so damn funny. I remeber he one told a racist ass customer who asked him about eating dogs all this shit. Rocky was saying "If dog stupid, we eat it. But dog good pet we let it live". Anyway he and Steve came in the club and spent shitloads of the resturaunt money. But then Steve hooked up with the wrong female and got into doing drugs. One day my mom was watching the news and was talking about an asian guy who was in a very nice hotel and had been using drugs. He had killed his girlfriend and then killed himself. Cocaine shit was everywhere. I didn't realise it was Steve becuase of the name, it was Chineese and I never called Steve by his Chineese name. I walked in , saw his picture and realised who it was. I remember Rocky came by one last time to say goodbye...
Another story is one that haunted me a long time. My old manger Billy, known as "Tonto" by the masses, lived with his father. I called him one day , and his father could hardly talk . Sounded like I had just woke him up or somthing. He was extremely overweight, and would fall asleep inthe chair. He had taken the drug Fen Fen or whatever that drug is called. The weight loss drug. Well he was so overweight it was unhealthy so he was trying the experimental drug. His dad was always very nice on the phone and I met him a couple of times. I called and he was wheesing and sounded like he rolled over in bed , saying "Billy's not home yet" and I kept saying "hello, hello, " becuase he put the phone down . I assumed he just rolled over and went back to sleep.I hung up the phone. About 3 minutes later , and I mean actually 3 minutes or less, Billy (Tonto) called back and said ," Hey Tony, uh I can't make it to work tonight. My dad just died. " I was like hell no - I just hung up the phone. I though his dad was calling me back or somthing . He was dying of a heart attack when I called. Billy just walked in and he told me the phone was off the hook by his dad's chair.
Another story I like to call " what would have happened if..." - My ex wife was working at a private dance club. I hated the place , it was nasty and the girls were ghetto as hell. But she was friends with the owner so she wanted to work there for a few extra bucks. Anyway the girls sat around on their ass a lot watching talk shows and shit. I met this girl who was pregnant working there. Always talking about "MY man , My man blah blah" she was dating this thug ass drug dealer pimp. Never caught the guy's name. OK I was working at my club one night and Chris (Tree) got into it with this black guy who slapped one of the girls on stage and called her a bitch. The guy took his two "ho's" he had with him outside , and mouthed off while he stood behind his open trunk , acting like he was going to pull out a gun and shoot. He threatened Chris, who was basically like "fuck you bitch". Chris was a big white guy who was well known all over the ghetto in town and ran everywhere the thugs ran. Yet he didn't try to act "black" to fit in. He just knew the streets. So he didn't give a fuck. Well I came out the fire door with Big Mike and came behind the guy with the Glock. He saw me and slipped the gun in the trunk, and walked around to the car. I could have shot him, but I didn't need the lawsuit or trial bullshit. He never acknowledged me. Just walked around to the door and got in yelling at Chris the whole time. He saw my gun in the corner of his eye so he left. So about a month later I was visiting one of my competitor's clubs , and as I was walking out I saw this guy in the lot, with another guy I can't stand (drug dealer) and he started talking. He was like "Hey ain't you that guy who pulled that 9 on me ? He nigga -I'm talking to you. Hey Tony Montanna !!! Hey white boy!!!" I kept walking . I finally stopped and calmly said " I didn't pull a 9, it was a 40 caliber man. I can show you right now if you want." he then proceded to drop a gun on the pavement he was hiding in his shirt. I was already stroking the trigger when I saw the guy, knowing I might have a problem. But after he dropped his gun by accident he turned around and went about his business , like "oh fuck it then" . Now about a month later I found out this same guy had ended up getting life in prison. Guess what for? Killing his pregnant white girlfriend . The girl my wife worked with. Damn funny thing though. I had been picking up my wife at the same place he was picking up his girl this whole time and never knew he was her man. Never put 2 and 2 together until my wife came home telling me the story about how that girl I met had been killed by "her Man".More to come , I 'll get this morbid shit off my chest soon enough.. stay tuned for part 3